Pages

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Starry Night.


       I don't know anything with certainty, but seeing the stars makes me dream.

I dream my painting and I paint my dream.

             At present I absolutely want to paint a starry sky. It often seems to me that night is still more richly coloured than the day; having hues of the most intense violets, blues and greens. If only you pay attnetion to it, you will see that certain stars are lemon- yellows, others pink or a green. And without expectating on this theme; it is obvious that putting little white dots on the blue- black is not enough to paint a starry sky.

       
         To look at the stars always makes me dream, as simply as I dream over the black dots of a map representing town and villages. Why, I ask myself, should the shining dots of the sky not be as accessible as the black dots on the map of Frace?

When I have a terrible need of- shall I say the word- religion, then I go out and paint the stars.

           For my part I know nthing with any certainty, but the ight of the stars makes me dream.

- Mr. Vincent Van Goh.



No comments:

Post a Comment